Wednesday 24 October 2012

Sleep and ASD

starting at 2.5 yo of age I had a 8pm bedtime and I would get my fairy tales told to me at that time and then go to bed. I always got up at 5am to watch TV though. I would wake up much earlier than when I finally would get up. I did not want to wake my parents up which were just across the hall from me. I had a mid day nap though through pre-school and kindergarden. I did not actually nap during 
that time but I did decompress and used the time to recuperate from all the stimuli. I did not take any meds till I was 16.5 to 17.5 and then not again till I was 28.5. I take 5mg of melatonin to help me sleep. I started that 3 weeks ago and it has helped a lot. I still wake up at 4am but I fall asleep in minuets instead of hours so I feel much more rested in the morning. I get up at 8am where before I would get up at 10am and be really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment